A great blog that I follow – Sidekick Reviews – was nominated to receive the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to a blog who has less than 200 followers and is a way to help connect new or growing blogs with others out there in the realm. It’s also serves as a way find out about other new, great, blogs that are out there. Sidekick Reviews posts great reviews as well as general comments about T.V. shows, sci-fi movies, and comics. I highly recommend taking the time to check the site out – great content and visuals can be found. Sidekick Reviews was kind enough to nominate my blog for the Liebster award – which is greatly appreciated! Rules for Liebster Award recipients are as follows:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you by the nominating blogger
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and include a link to their blog
4. Notify the blogger of their award
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer one they accept the award
So – here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I’m a huge soccer fan – mostly the EPL, but love the US Men’s National Team (who won a Gold Cup game today, yay!), and live for watching international matches
2. I’m an F1 fan – Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button are two of my favorite drivers
3. I’m a dog nerd
4. Love dark chocolate
5. Addicted to Cherry Coke – only allow myself 1 a day and am trying to stop, but it’s so hard
6. Love to drive on the expressway on a warm summer night with great music.
7. I had horses when I was a kid
8. I can’t throw away things that have meaning. Had a blanket my grandma made and it was in tatters. My husband had to throw it away for me because I just couldn’t
9. I met Ann Rice at a book signing many years ago and she said she loved my shirt. Made my day.
10. Right now navy is my favorite color
11. I love taking my dog for a walk when it’s snowing. Usually the temp is perfect and walking in the snow is relaxing.
And here are the questions from Sidekick Reviews and my answers:
What’s your initial reaction to receiving the blogger nomination? Shocked and very flattered that someone would nominate me.
What motivates you to keep blogging? The creative outlet it provides for me. I like to write and blogging helps when I feel inspired about something. Also, finding other great posts/blogs to read/follow.
Do you collect anything, if so what is your most beloved possession? I would say I collect books – nothing antique or rare, but love to hang onto any book I like. Most beloved possession is Sandman #1 by Neil Gaiman (a comic book rather than a book).
What’s a movie or song that made you cry? Movie – anything with dogs: Eight Below, Marley and Me. I’m pathetic when it comes to dogs and cry easily.
Do you have any siblings? Yes – One sister who is a year older than me.
What do you love to eat? My mom’s goulash
Which comic book or novel would you recommend me to read? I would recommend The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon – set in the late ’30s and 40s about two cousins who create a comic book and what happens in their lives after that. Loved it and a great read.
What are your favorite television shows that have gone off the air? For a T.V. junkie that’s a hard question! I would say Veronica Mars. Great show with a positive female main character who was smart, sassy, and took charge. Another would be 24 – Jack Bauer is great and love things about spies.
Do you play sports? No. Wish I was a runner but was not made for that.
If you could give one piece of advice to other writers/bloggers, what would it be? Write about what you love. If you care about it, makes it so much easier to write and the ideas will come fast and easy. Who cares what the topic is – if you like it/love it, write about it. You’ll find it liberating and makes you feel good.
Who is your favorite sidekick? (not a trick question). Good question – for the literary world, I’d say Wolf from The Talisman (King/Straub). Obviously my love of dogs comes through in this. Who wouldn’t want a wolf to be their best friend in an alternate universe. In the real world it’s my husband. He makes me laugh when I’m in a bad mood.
As for nominating other blogs, at this time I don’t have any. The ones I currently follow have more than 200 followers. I don’t have a lot of time right now with being in school and working full-time to spend as much time as I’d like reading other blogs. I will do my best to find ones in the future and will name some when I have a chance. Thanks again to Sidekick Reviews for the nomination – greatly appreciated! Take the time to check it out.